By Ruth Freitag
Swiss Federal Institute of expertise, Lausanne, Switzerland. entire textual content at the use of man-made polymers within the lifestyles sciences. themes comprise the supply of biologicals utilizing artificial polymers, bioseparation, and using hybrid molecules. Hardcover, softcover now not but to be had. DNLM: Polymers.
Read or Download Synthetic Polymers for Biotechnology and Medicine (Biotechnology Intelligence Unit, Volume 4) PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Good written consultant to the fundamentals resembling concentrations, dilutions, logs and so on. with plenty of helpful labored examples. the one challenge is the e-book is a piece too easy for all mathematic wishes in the course of a organic measure.
Today´s agriculture faces new and hard demanding situations. With smooth equipment greatly utilized, it's usually believed that genetic crop development is a key for expanding yields. despite the dialogue concerning the safeguard of genetically changed (GM) vegetation that continues to be raging within the eu Union the place the take-up of the recent expertise is extra restricted, the cultivation of GM crops and vegetation has exploded worldwide.
The time period biotechnology has emerged at the modern scene really lately, however the easy suggestion of using ordinary fabrics, both without delay or in transformed types, dates again to antiquity. If we seek the traditional literature, similar to the Bible, we discover 1000s of examples in which humans hired, or changed, common fabrics for quite a few vital makes use of.
We're in a section of the evolution of biotechnology during which the real and strength advertisement value of carbohydrates is turning into appre- ated extra absolutely. growth in offering not easy evidence to set up the industrial price ofpolysaccharides and oligosaccharides is proscribed, as constantly, through loss of investment and via a relative scarcity of expert practitioners within the construction and research of these fabrics.
- Applications of Ion Chromatography in the Analysis of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products
- Congenital Thoracic Wall Deformities: Diagnosis, Therapy and Current Developments
- White Biotechnology
- Bananas, Breeding, and Biotechnology: Commodity Advances Through Banana Improvement Project Research, 1994-1998 (Environmentally Sustainable Development, ... Banana Improvement Project Report, No. 2)
- The Unique U.S.-Russian Relationship in Biological Science and Biotechnology: Recent Experience and Future Directions
- Altering Nature: Volume One: Concepts of ‘Nature’ and ‘The Natural’ in Biotechnology Debates
Extra info for Synthetic Polymers for Biotechnology and Medicine (Biotechnology Intelligence Unit, Volume 4)
Biochim Biophys Acta 1999; 1445:53-64. 41. Own observation with CaPO4 technique and synchronized cells (unpublished). 42. Wilke M, Fortunati E, van den Broek M et al. Efficacy of a peptide-based gene delivery system depends on mitotic activity. Gene Therapy 1996; 3:1133-1142. 43. Wolff JA, Malone RW, Williams P et al. Direct gene transfer into mouse muscle in vivo. Science 1990; 247:1465-1468. 44. Chu G, Hayakawa H, Gerg P. Electroporation for the efficient transfection of mammalian cells with DNA.
29. Cotten M, Wagner E, Zatloukal K et al. High-efficiency receptor-mediated delivery of small and large gene constructs using the endosome-disruption activity of defective or chemically inactivated adenovirus particles. Proc Natl Acad Sci 1992; 89:6094-6098. 30. Kichler A, Mechtler K, Behr JP et al. Influence of membrane-active peptides on lipospermine/ DNA complex mediated gene transfer. Bioconjug Chem 1997; 8:213-221. 31. Boussif O, Lezoualch F, Zanta MA et al. A versatile vector for gene and oligonucleotide transfer into cells in culture and in vivo: Polyethyleneimine.
Kichler A, Mechtler K, Behr JP et al. Influence of membrane-active peptides on lipospermine/ DNA complex mediated gene transfer. Bioconjug Chem 1997; 8:213-221. 31. Boussif O, Lezoualch F, Zanta MA et al. A versatile vector for gene and oligonucleotide transfer into cells in culture and in vivo: Polyethyleneimine. Proc Natl Acad Sci 1995; 92:7297-7301. 32. Graham FM, van der Eb AJ. A new technique for the assay of infectivity of human adenovirus 5 DNA. Virology 1973; 52:456-567. 33. Escriou V, Ciolina C, Helbing LA et al.