By Margaret V. Root Kustritz DVM PhD DACT
A name within the useful Veterinarian sequence, this complete, concise reference has been built through Diplomates of the yankee university of Theriogenologists to assist veterinary scholars, veterinarians, and veterinary technicians fast locate solutions to universal questions. Quick-reference info in an overview layout offers the conventional reproductive anatomy and body structure, reproductive problems, and breeding administration in canines and cats. Tables and illustrations extra make clear key ideas. This publication additionally serves as an easy-to-understand creation to veterinary theriogenology concerning all elements of small animal copy, together with body structure and pathology of the female and male reproductive platforms and the scientific perform of veterinary obstetrics, gynecology, and semenology.
- Easy-to-use, pocket sized layout retains key evidence close by in any setting.
- Outline structure makes discovering details fast and easy.
- The simply e-book written on small animal theriogenology for small animal veterinarians designed for fast reference.
- All content material is present and the authors are Diplomates of the yankee university of Theriogenologists to make sure the main authoritative details, together with discussions of neighborhood or nationwide ameliorations in concepts and medications.
- Coverage of veterinary neonatology provides pediatric content material on reading, treating, and feeding neonates that's usually neglected by means of different texts at the subject.
- Topics contain breeding administration, being pregnant analysis and care, being pregnant termination, synthetic insemination and training of chilled and frozen semen, rising applied sciences in veterinary replica, and ailments of the reproductive tract together with vaginitis, prostate affliction, and pyometra.
- Includes a bankruptcy on infertility, a space of turning out to be obstacle for puppy vendors and breeders.
Read or Download Small Animal Theriogenology PDF
Similar animal husbandry books
The 5 volumes of assessment Questions & solutions For Veterinary forums include over 8,000 multiple-choice questions protecting approximately each element of veterinary medication. The sequence comprises volumes on uncomplicated Sciences, medical Sciences, Small Animal medication and surgical procedure, huge Animal medication and surgical procedure, and Ancillary issues.
The target of this ebook is to supply a scientific-based, multidisciplinary standpoint to the discussion among society and the stakeholders inside of cattle construction. matters and difficulties regarding nutrition security, animal welfare and rural surroundings are mentioned inside a holistic procedure. This new angle has an added-value in comparison to different books which disguise those themes from a consultant viewpoint.
Plan, customise, and construct the precise domestic on your flock, brood, or take hold of. sponsored by way of the nationwide FFA association, our acclaimed sequence of the way to elevate courses has helped numerous first-time animal vendors expectantly deal with their new partners. the right way to construct bird Coops presents whole, thorough, and easy-to-follow directions on construction a coop.
Feed and fertilizer are major bills in aquaculture operations and play a huge position within the profitable construction of fish and different seafood for human intake. This booklet stories the most important homes of feeds, advances in feed formula and element offerings and the practicalities of feeding structures and techniques.
- Tropical dairy farming: feeding management for small holder dairy farmers in the humid tropics
- Current Therapy in Large Animal Theriogenology Vol. 2
- Encyclopedia of Dairy Sciences, Second Edition
- Precision Dairy Farming 2016
- Cattle in the cotton fields: a history of cattle raising in Alabama
Extra resources for Small Animal Theriogenology
The increased thickness of the vaginal epithelium results in the most superficial cells being located farther away from the blood supply. These cells are not viable and are 38 Breeding Management in the Bitch and Queen Figure 2-2. Endoscopic view of vaginal mucosal folds during proestrus. The folds are edematous, moist, and pink. The progesterone concentration of this bitch was less than 1 ng/ml. Breeding Management in the Bitch and Queen 39 Figure 2-3. Vaginal cytologic result showing parabasal cells.
Alternatively, a clear speculum can be used. Vaginoscopic changes are much less accurate than is measurement of progesterone in serum for assessment of optimal breeding day. • Vaginal cytologic examination is performed every 2-4 days. Once the vaginal epithelial cells are greater than 50% cornified, measurement of progesterone in serum is begun. • Measurement of serum progesterone is performed every 48 hours until serum progesterone concentration is 2-3 ng/ml. This concentration is coincidental with the LH surge.
PERSISTENT MULLERIAN DUCT SYNDROME Dogs with PMDS have oviducts, a bicornuate uterus, a cervix, and a cranial vagina. They also have testes, epididymides, vasa deferentia, and a prostate. Half of affected males are either unilaterally or bilaterally cryptorchid, and the remainder have bilateral scrotal testes. Development of Sertoli cell tumor may be seen in those with abdominal Disorders of Sexual Development 23 testes. Cystic endometrial hyperplasia/pyometra may be present in uterine tissue. HYPOSPADIAS In mildly affected dogs the urethral orifice is located on the ventral aspect of the glans penis (glandular form).