By Tadeusz Kowalik (auth.)
Read Online or Download Rosa Luxemburg: Theory of Accumulation and Imperialism PDF
Best communism & socialism books
Socialism Unbound, through Stephen Bronner, was once generally acclaimed whilst it first seemed in 1990. This moment revised version brings it brand new. Written in a transparent prose, and an uncompromising demeanour, it bargains new serious reflections at the culture of operating type politics and its salience for the recent millennium.
During this terrific paintings, first released in 1936, Sydney Hook seeks to solve one of many vintage difficulties of eu highbrow historical past: how the political radicalism and philosophical materialism of Karl Marx issued from the magical and conservative highbrow procedure of G. W. F. Hegel. This variation encompasses a ahead via Christopher Phelps discussing Hook's profession and the importance of From Hegel to Marx within the heritage of rules.
“This publication is really good, incisive, sincere and merits to be learn with realization. it truly is an enormous occasion within the Marxist theoretical creation. ” —Politique Hebdo“A striking essay, whose advantage is not just theoretical, but in addition old, since it examines unknown facets of the evolution of younger Marx’s pondering.
This publication rejects the generally encountered conception of Friedrich Engels as perpetuator of a "tragic deception" of Marx, and the both continual physique of opinion treating him as "his master's voice". Engels's declare to attractiveness is bolstered by way of a great contribution within the 1840s to the very foundations of the Marxian company, a contribution entailing not just the "vision" yet a few of the construction blocks within the understanding of that imaginative and prescient.
- Post-Communist Transition: Some Lessons (Thirty-First Wincott Lecture)
- Marx : une critique de la philosophie
- Ana Pauker: The Rise and Fall of a Jewish Communist
- Cohesion and Conflict in International Communism: A Study of Marxist-Leninist Concepts and Their Application
- Red Emma Speaks: An Emma Goldman Reader
Additional info for Rosa Luxemburg: Theory of Accumulation and Imperialism
4. The fall in the relative value of agricultural products translates into the contraction of total demand. 5. The increase in the tax burden on peasants facilitates capital accumulation but, on the other hand, limits their purchasing power. 6. It is increasingly difficult to capture foreign markets due to a fierce competition from advanced capitalist countries. 10 Emphasizing the unstable character of Russian capitalism while all other European countries move forward rapidly, Danielson was convinced that Russia could be satisfied neither with traditional handicraft production nor with artificially promoted and supported capitalism which would develop, violating the interests of the entire population.
He demonstrated a scheme of expanded reproduction in conditions of constant capitalist consumption and of workers’ consumption (wages) falling by 25 per cent a year. In this case, numerical examples also prove that falling workers’ demand is entirely compensated by the rise in demand for capital goods. Hence, ‘we do not encounter anywhere any difficulties in the realisation of the social product’, everything runs as smoothly as if it was not the economy that constituted means to fulfil human needs but vice versa.
It is even difficult to find agreement on the question of what constitutes the leading argument of Rosa Luxemburg’s Accumulation. The formal aspect of such rapidly written work, its internal logic, consistency as well as the method and success of fulfilling the objectives outlined by the author are particularly interesting. We turn our attention to some of these issues. The Origin of the Problem 19 The full title of the book is The Accumulation of Capital: A Contribution to an Economic Explanation of Imperialism.