By Kathy Moscou RPh MPH BSc(Pharm); Karen Snipe CPhT AS BA MEd;
Organized to supply an in-depth evaluation of the ASHP content material requisites for pharmacology and anatomy and body structure, Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition is finished, but approachable. It bargains whole assurance of physique structures constitution to correspond to the way in which pharmacology is taught in such a lot courses, in addition to sufferer eventualities, anatomy and body structure refreshers, drug monographs with capsule photographs, and a few studying aids.
- Overviews of anatomy and body structure at the start of every physique approach unit offer a uncomplicated figuring out of anatomy and body structure that will help you know how medicinal drugs paintings within the body.
- Mini drug monographs in all people procedure and drug class bankruptcy comprise priceless drug details and tablet pictures for speedy reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand identify, ordinary dose and dosing agenda, and caution labels provide at-a-glance entry to information regarding particular drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your figuring out of the sensible wisdom wanted within the pharmacy surroundings and help you relate new suggestions to useful use.
- Tech signals offer serious reminders and warnings that can assist you learn how to establish and keep away from universal pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner severe thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job events by means of delivering a collection of evidence and asking you to arrive a conclusion.
- Updated drug information guarantees you're acquainted with the newest drug approvals and healing considerations.
- Additional studying resources at the significant other Evolve site include:
- Certification perform exam to raised arrange you for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- More keep in mind workouts and games that can assist you preserve advanced information.
Read or Download Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e PDF
Similar pharmacology books
Rules of medical Pharmacology is a winning survey protecting the pharmacologic rules underlying the individualization of sufferer remedy and modern drug improvement. This crucial reference maintains to target the fundamentals of scientific pharmacology for the improvement, review, and scientific use of pharmaceutical items whereas additionally addressing the latest advances within the box.
Aimed toward these already interested in drug improvement or these contemplating getting into the sphere, medical Drug Trials and Tribulations, moment version comprehensibly addresses the recent, daily demanding situations of drug improvement with priceless exams of the components affecting the conduction of nonclinical and scientific stories.
The suggestions of tissue tradition have been brought before everything of this century. they've got develop into an increasing number of well known because it is discovered that they're now not as tough or as esoteric as a few early protagonists cherished to keep up. many of the paintings played with tradition equipment has easily involved telephone progress and survival.
The drug improvement remains to be a hugely charged, interesting, and ever-evolving box. The has replaced considerably within the 14 years because the first variation of scientific Drug Trials and Tribulations used to be released, and this moment version of this ebook addresses these adjustments and maintains to discover the issues and demanding situations that people during this adventure day-by-day.
- A Practical Guide to Quality Management in Clinical Trial Research
- Toxicological profiles - Methyl mercaptan
- Natural Products Isolation
- Toxicological profiles - Hexachlorobutadiene
- Toxicological profiles - Bis(chloromethyl)ether
Additional info for Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e
Clinical studies c. Marketing d. New drug application process and review 7. The official, non-proprietary name of the drug is the a. Generic name b. Trade name c. Brand name d. Chemical name 8. Which drugs can be obtained only by prescription? a. Herbal remedies b. Legend c. Compounded d. All of the above 9. Which of the following is not an oral formulation? a. Tablet b. Capsule c. Suspension d. Parenterally administered drugs must be prepared using a. Aseptic technique in sterile environment b.
For example, when the drug amantadine is administered it stimulates the release of the neurotransmitter dopamine. An increase in dopamine levels reduces the symptoms associated with Parkinson disease. Antagonists Antagonists bind to the receptor site and do not activate the receptor. They prevent another drug or natural body chemical from binding by occupying or inactivating the receptor site. Antagonists block the actions of agonists, inverse agonists, and partial agonists. UNIT I Introduction to Pharmacology Naloxone is an example of a pure antagonist.
The dose-response curve shows the drug’s relative efficacy and potency (Figure 3-3). A steep dose-response curve indicates that a small change in drug dose will produce a large change in the drug response. A flatter dose-response curve shows that small changes in drug dose produce little change. A large increase in the dose of the drug administered is needed to produce a greater drug response. Efficacy Response Efficacy is a measure of the drug’s effectiveness under controlled conditions as opposed to real-world conditions (Figure 3-4).