By Ephraim Suhir, Y.C. Lee, C.P. Wong
Micro- and Opto-Electronic fabrics and buildings: Physics, Mechanics, layout, Reliability, Packaging is the 1st finished connection with acquire and current the main, up to date, in-depth, useful and easy-to-use details at the physics, mechanics, reliability and packaging of micro- and opto-electronic fabrics, assemblies, constructions and platforms. The chapters in those volumes comprise summaries of the state of the art and current new details on lately built very important equipment or units. moreover, sensible options are provided on easy methods to effectively observe present wisdom and lately built know-how to layout, manufacture and function doable, trustworthy and not pricey digital elements or photonic units. The emphasis is at the technological know-how and engineering of digital and photonic packaging, on actual layout difficulties, demanding situations and strategies. quantity I makes a speciality of physics and mechanics of micro- and opto-electronic constructions and platforms, i.e., at the technological know-how underpinnings of engineering tools and techniques utilized in microelectronics and photonics. quantity II bargains with numerous useful facets of reliability and packaging of micro- and opto-electronic platforms. across the world well-known specialists and international leaders specifically parts of this department of utilized technology and engineering contributed to the booklet. themes addressed within the booklet comprise, yet should not constrained to, the next: physics and mechanics of polymer fabrics; underfills; electrically conductive adhesives; plastic programs of IC units; lead loose solders; flip-chip applications; transportable electronics; wirebond interconnects and metallurgical interconnections for harsh environments; reliability and rigidity trying out and sped up existence checking out; solder joint fabrics and applied sciences in addition to lead-free solder fabrics and joints; reliability of cellular digital items, photonic fabrics, optical fibers and lively and passive optical parts; thermal phenomena in micro- and opto-electronic structures and thermal stresses; adhesion difficulties and recommendations; skinny movie fabrics, physics and mechanics; photorefractive fabrics and units; nanomaterials and nanotechnology; multiphysics modeling and optimization applied sciences; experimental equipment and strategies; trying out equipment and strategies, subjected to thermal loading, rigidity analyses of processed silicon wafers, and so forth. The publication is meant as a reference resource and as a handbook for electric, fabrics, mechanical, and reliability engineers, in addition to utilized physicists and fabrics scientists. The e-book might be a vital instrument for all people who are concerned or attracted to state of the art within the research, layout and production of micro- and opto-electronic structures.
Read Online or Download Micro- and Opto-Electronic Materials and Structures: Physics, Mechanics, Design, Reliability, Packaging: Volume 1 Materials Physics Materials ... Physical Design Reliability and Packaging PDF
Similar products books
It is a thoroughly new textbook written to be totally based on the recent BTEC greater nationwide unit from Edexcel, the 2000 specification complicated GNVQ unit, BTEC NII and NIII, and A-Level modules. The ensuing breadth of insurance makes Microelectronics - platforms and units a great foreign pupil textual content.
Bewährte Qualität in three. , neu bearbeiteter und erweiterter Auflage: Wissenschaftlich fundiert und praxisnah behandeln die Autoren die phänomenologischen, theoretischen und versuchstechnischen Grundlagen der Gestaltung, Dimensionierung und Optimierung ermüdungsfester Bauteile. Anhand konkreter Beispiele erläutern sie die rechnerischen Verfahren des Festigkeitsnachweises und der Lebensdauerprognose (u.
The Shikimate Pathway offers a bird's eye view of the shikimate pathway and its implications for the lifetime of various organisms. subject matters coated during this ebook contain the chemistry of intermediates within the shikimate pathway; biosynthesis of fragrant amino acids during this pathway; its metabolites; and its function in larger crops.
This booklet summarizes the result of layout pondering learn conducted at Stanford college in Palo Alto, California, united states and Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam, Germany. The authors provide readers a better examine layout considering with its strategies of thoughts and strategies. The contents of the articles diversity from tips to layout principles, equipment and applied sciences through creativity experiments and depraved challenge recommendations, to artistic collaboration within the genuine international and the connectivity of designers and engineers.
- Practical Guide to Low Voltage Directive
- New Product Development in Textiles Innovation and Production (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- The Dictionary of Computer Graphics Technology and Applications
- New Design Concepts for High Speed Air Transport (CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences)
Additional resources for Micro- and Opto-Electronic Materials and Structures: Physics, Mechanics, Design, Reliability, Packaging: Volume 1 Materials Physics Materials ... Physical Design Reliability and Packaging
5. 1. 2. 3. 1. 1. 2. 1. 2. 3. 3. Conclusions Acknowledgments References xxi 342 342 348 348 349 350 357 358 358 Chapter 14 Review of the Technology and Reliability Issues Arising as Optical Interconnects Migrate onto the Circuit Board P. Misselbrook, D. Gwyer, C. Bailey, D. Gwyer, C. P. Conway and K. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. W. 1. 1. 2. 2. 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 1. 2. 5. Concluding Remarks Acknowledgment References 403 407 407 408 409 413 413 414 415 419 419 422 424 426 427 427 Chapter 17 The Effect of Moisture on the Adhesion and Fracture of Interfaces in Microelectronic Packaging Timothy P.
Warpage control is becoming more and more important. Properties to control this warpage are many, such as the E-modulus, coefficients of thermal expansion, position of Tg , but also coefficients of moisture expansion and curing shrinkage. Recent examples of computer simulations including curing shrinkage are given in (Yang et al. [22,23]) and show that with appropriate modeling of curing shrinkage we can get better predictability in subsequent reliability tests such as thermal cycling. It is predicted that warpage caused by the curing process accounts for about 30 to 50% of the total warpage for different map mould configurations.
3. 3. 1. 2. 4. 5. 6. W. C. 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 5. 6. 7. Conclusions and Discussion References 137 137 139 139 141 142 143 145 145 149 149 151 151 152 158 158 161 162 162 163 164 164 165 168 170 172 172 Reliability and Packaging Chapter 7 Fundamentals of Reliability and Stress Testing H. 1. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 2. 1. 2. 3. 3. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 4. 5. 1. Why do Products Fail? 2. 6. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 7. Further Reading 184 184 185 185 185 185 185 186 186 187 187 189 191 191 192 193 194 195 197 198 201 Chapter 8 How to Make a Device into a Product: Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Its Role, Attributes, Challenges, Pitfalls, and Interaction with Qualification Tests E.