By Teresa (Teri) L. Thompson
From the dynamics of interpersonal conversation among well-being pros and clients to worldwide command-and-control in the course of public healthiness emergencies that pass overseas borders, the sector of health and wellbeing communique bridges many disciplines and includes efforts from the micro to the macro. It includes navigating own, cultural, and political complexities and a capability to distill advanced technical technology into fast and simply understood phrases for prepared distribution by way of the mass media--or to somebody sufferer or to the father or mother of an sick child.
Despite an abundance of textbooks, really good monographs, and educational handbooks, this is the first encyclopedic reference paintings during this sector, protecting the breadth of thought and examine on overall healthiness verbal exchange, in addition to their sensible application.
- Nearly six hundred unique articles are prepared A-to-Z within a three-volume set to supply entire assurance of this interesting box, together with such subject matters as theories and study traditions; assessment and evaluation; cultural complexities; excessive probability and specific populations; message layout and campaigns; provider/patient interplay matters; media concerns; and more.
- All articles have been in particular commissioned for this paintings, signed and authored by way of key figures within the box, and finish with pass reference hyperlinks and proposals for extra interpreting.
- Appendices contain a source advisor with annotated lists of vintage books and articles, journals, institutions, and sites; a thesaurus of specialised phrases; and a Chronology supplying an summary and historical past of the sector.
- A thematic Reader’s consultant teams comparable articles through huge subject components as one convenient seek characteristic at the e-Reference platform, which additionally encompasses a entire index of seek phrases.
This A-to-Z three-volume reference comes in either print and on-line codecs and is a must have for libraries and researchers who search accomplished insurance of the speculation, learn, and purposes of health and wellbeing communication.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Health Communication PDF
Best encyclopedias books
The Routledge Encyclopedia of movies includes 2 hundred essays by means of best movie students analysing an important, influential, leading edge and engaging motion pictures of all time. prepared alphabetically, every one access explores why every one movie is important in the event you examine movie and explores the social, ancient and political contexts during which the movie used to be produced.
Designed to fulfill the wishes of scholars in Earth technological know-how on the highschool and undergraduate degrees, those 8 volumes signify a revised and seriously up to date variation of Salem Press's five-volume Earth technology of 2001. Now greater than ten years later, the up-to-date variation will offer scholars with sincerely defined details at the most vital and generally mentioned matters on the subject of Earth technological know-how.
There is not any denying that race is a severe factor in realizing the South. although, this concluding quantity of the recent Encyclopedia of Southern tradition demanding situations earlier understandings, revealing the region's wealthy, ever-expanding variety and supplying new explorations of race family members. In 36 thematic and 29 topical essays, participants learn such topics because the Tuskegee Syphilis research, jap American incarceration within the South, relatives among African americans and local americans, chinese language males adopting Mexican identities, Latino spiritual practices, and Vietnamese lifestyles within the area.
- Encyclopedia of Genetics
- Playing with Planets
- Web 2.0-Based E-Learning: Applying Social Informatics for Tertiary Teaching (Premier Reference Source)
- Seas and Waterways of the World 2 volumes : An Encyclopedia of History, Uses, and Issues
- Companion Encyclopedia of Middle Eastern and North African Film
- Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Holidays, Volume 4
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Health Communication
1930: The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) adopts the Motion Picture Production Code, also known as the Hays Code, which spells out types of material that should be avoided by filmmakers; enforcement of the code begins in 1934 and continues until 1968, when it is replaced by the MPAA rating system. 1930s: In New York City, Ariel Eisenberg studies the influence of radio on children, finding that they learn a great deal about topics such as health and geography from the radio and prefer listening to the radio to reading a book or playing a musical instrument.
1994: First broadcast of Soul City, a popular South African television and radio program produced by the Institute of Urban Primary Health Care to communicate information about HIV/ AIDS to a broad swath of the general public. 1994: The popular MTV reality television program The Real World adds a cast member living with HIV, Pedro Zamora. 1995: Founding of the scholarly Journal of Health Communication, published by Taylor & Francis, which focuses on global research in health communication. 1995: June 27 is declared “National HIV Testing Day” by the Association of People with AIDS; the date is chosen to coincide with gay pride celebrations around the world.
Madlock Gatison Southern Connecticut State University Katheryn C. Maguire Wayne State University Edward Maibach George Mason University Zoltan P. Majdik North Dakota State University Gregory Makoul University of Connecticut School of Medicine Katie Margavio Striley Ohio University Lourdes Martinez Michigan State University Marianne S. Matthias Richard L. Roudebush Veterans Administration Medical Center Marifran Mattson Purdue University Jonathan Matusitz University of Central Florida Robert M. McCann University of California, Los Angeles Kimberly K.