By Mark A. Runco
The 1st version of the winning Encyclopedia of Creativity served to set up the research of creativity is a box in itself. Now thoroughly up-to-date and revised in its moment edition, coverage encompasses the definition of creativity, the advance and expression of creativity around the lifespan, the environmental stipulations that motivate or discourage creativity, creativity inside particular disciplines like track, dance, movie, artwork, literature, etc., the connection of creativity and psychological future health, intelligence, and learning types, and the method of being inventive. This reference additionally appeals to a lay viewers with articles specifically at the software of creativity to enterprise settings. to be had on-line through ScienceDirect and in restricted print release.
- Named a 2012 remarkable educational identify via the yank Library Association's selection publication
- Serves as a compendium of reports of a couple of domain-specific components, reminiscent of performing, dance, expressive arts, movie, nutrients, track, faith, technology, activities, theater, and writing.
- Creativity and schooling are tested in articles approximately suggestion procedures, comparable to developmental traits in artistic talents and potentials, the enhancement of creativity, intelligence, wisdom, play, prodigies, courses and classes, expertise and educating creativity.
- Cognitive elements of creativity may be investigated in articles approximately altered and transitional states, analogies, recognition, cognitive type, divergent pondering, movement and optimum event, metacognition, metaphors, problem-finding, problem-solving, and distant associates.
- Covers enterprise and organizational creativity in articles approximately ads with artwork, artistic visuals, business/management, creativity training, creativity routines, entrepreneurship, crew dynamics, innovation, management, organizational tradition, organizational improvement, groups, and coaching, between others.
- Explicitly examines the complicated interrelationship among society and creativity in articles approximately awards, conformity and conventionality, the inventive quarter and sophistication of society, cultural variety, the darkish aspect of creativity, East vs. West, networking, social psychology, conflict, zeitgeist, and others.
- Personal and interpersonal creativity is mentioned in articles on the subject of collaboration, relations, existence phases, mentors, networking, own creativity and self-actualization.
- Focuses on clinical information regarding creativity, there also are articles that debate mind and neuropsychology, techniques of creativity, definitions of creativity, services, longitudinal reports, getting to know artwork, artists and paintings audiences, learn tools, phenomenology study and qualitative research.
- Online model comprises an extra 26 biographies of famously artistic humans
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Creativity PDF
Best encyclopedias books
The Routledge Encyclopedia of flicks includes two hundred essays through top movie students analysing an important, influential, leading edge and fascinating motion pictures of all time. prepared alphabetically, each one access explores why every one movie is critical should you examine movie and explores the social, historic and political contexts within which the movie used to be produced.
Designed to satisfy the desires of scholars in Earth technology on the highschool and undergraduate degrees, those 8 volumes characterize a revised and seriously up-to-date variation of Salem Press's five-volume Earth technology of 2001. Now greater than ten years later, the up to date version will offer scholars with basically defined info at the most crucial and greatly mentioned concerns in relation to Earth technology.
There isn't any denying that race is a serious factor in figuring out the South. besides the fact that, this concluding quantity of the recent Encyclopedia of Southern tradition demanding situations past understandings, revealing the region's wealthy, ever-expanding range and supplying new explorations of race kin. In 36 thematic and 29 topical essays, individuals study such matters because the Tuskegee Syphilis examine, jap American incarceration within the South, kinfolk among African american citizens and local american citizens, chinese language males adopting Mexican identities, Latino spiritual practices, and Vietnamese lifestyles within the sector.
- DK Google E.encyclopedia: Science (DK Google E.Encyclopedias)
- The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 23: Folk Art
- Encyclopedia of Arab Women Filmmakers
- Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology. Humanity, Culture & Social life
- Continuum Complete International Encyclopedia of Sexuality
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Creativity
This continuum can help explain the processes and progress of creativity itself. A. The Common Element in the Continuum: Discontinuity Common to all levels on this continuum is the notion of a discontinuity between what was before and the new. It is what Gregory Bateson, Bertrand Russell, and Alfred North Whitehead described as a ‘‘jump in logical types’’ from the particular to the general that results in a new context. Piaget deﬁned this leap as ‘‘reﬂective abstraction,’’ a process of reﬂection and putting events or thoughts into relationship, which leads to new understandings not inherent in the thoughts or events themselves.
Domain-speciﬁc development requires instruction by skilled teachers whose pedagogical skills and familiarity with a ﬁeld help the new learner become competent within that ﬁeld. Learning to play the ﬂute, use a computer, play chess, or ski are examples. Idiosyncratic development occurs when a learner is reaching high levels of accomplishment in a given domain. At this point, the individual may develop distinctive movements in skating, characteristic phrasing in piano playing, or mastery of a surgical technique that is different from the repertoire of most other surgeons.
For example, one of the most effective brand icons of all time is the Marlboro cowboy, which associates the cigarette brand with Western ideals of independence. Other enduring big brand ideas include the Maytag repairman, the Jolly Green Giant, and the Absolut campaign which identiﬁed the bottle and hence the product with a variety of cultural icons. ’’ Ogilvy is referring to the context in which advertising messages are delivered. People watching, listening to, or reading the ad may be busy, distracted, too tired to concentrate, or disinterested in the product.