By James R. Lewis, Evelyn Dorothy Oliver
Exploring the interesting global of goals, this finished reference examines greater than 250 dreamrelated themes, from paintings to background to technology, together with how components similar to selfhealing, ESP, literature, faith, intercourse, cognition and reminiscence, and health conditions can all affect goals. Dream symbolism and interpretation is tested in old, cultural, and mental element, whereas a dictionary—updated with 1,000 symbols and explanations—offers additional insights. Dreaming approximately the teeth, for example, can point out regulate concerns, and dreaming of a zoo can point out that the dreamer must tidy up a few state of affairs. analyzing those suggestions and extra, this can be the last word dreamer's spouse.
By Richard W. Kroon
Because the invention of the stereoscope in 1830, stereoscopic 3D has remained at the innovative of the media and leisure undefined. each 20 to 30 years, a brand new iteration rediscovers stereo filmmaking, fueling its resurgence with extra twists brought through the technological developments of the intervening years. This encyclopedic dictionary deals a definitive compilation of knowledge at the paintings and technology of stereoscopic 3D, together with nonetheless and relocating photos; movie and electronic picture acquisition; creation, post-production, distribution, and exhibition; and human visible conception. as well as general dictionary definitions, it contains many prolonged encyclopedic entries and approximately three hundred black-and-white and colour illustrations. Taking the secret out of 3D's exact language, the paintings presents a foundation for transparent communique between pros and historic context for these new to the self-discipline.
By Bonnie Zimmerman
A wealthy historical past that should be documented starting in 1869, while the learn of homosexuality could be stated to have began with the institution of sexology, this encyclopedia deals money owed of crucial foreign advancements in a space that now occupies a severe position in lots of fields of educational endeavours. It covers an extended background and a dynamic and ever altering current, whereas establishing up the educational career to new scholarship and new methods of pondering. A groundbreaking new strategy whereas gays and lesbians have shared many points of existence, their histories and cultures constructed in profoundly alternative ways. to mirror this significant truth, the encyclopedia has been ready in separate volumes assuring that either histories obtain complete, impartial recognition and extensive diversity of human adventure is roofed. Written for and via quite a lot of humans meant as a reference for college kids and students in all fields, in addition to for most of the people, the encyclopedia is written in ordinary language. even as it keeps a excessive point of scholarship that comes with either ardour and objectivity. it truly is written by way of one of the most recognized names within the box, in addition to new students, whose study maintains to improve gender experiences into the longer term.
By Thomas C. Holt, Laurie Beth Green, Charles Reagan Wilson
There is not any denying that race is a serious factor in figuring out the South. even if, this concluding quantity of The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture demanding situations prior understandings, revealing the region's wealthy, ever-expanding variety and supplying new explorations of race family members. In 36 thematic and 29 topical essays, individuals learn such topics because the Tuskegee Syphilis examine, eastern American incarceration within the South, relatives among African americans and local american citizens, chinese language males adopting Mexican identities, Latino spiritual practices, and Vietnamese existence within the quarter. jointly the essays paint a nuanced portrait of ways suggestions of race within the South have encouraged its heritage, paintings, politics, and tradition past the widely used binary of black and white.
By William L. O'Neill
Global battle II used to be the bloodiest and farthest-reaching army clash in human historical past, which ended in the annihilation of a few 60 million humans. This authoritative and thorough quantity summarizes the fundamental information about the warfare in bright, available entries. It beneficial properties: * short biographical graphics of extraordinary army and political leaders, from Bradley to Zhukov * informative analyses of important battles and political occasions, from blitzkrieg to Yalta* info on army agencies, military, military, and air strength devices, and theaters of battle * descriptions of person weapon sessions, from flame throwers to U-boats * insightful articles on war-related matters, corresponding to domestic entrance and financing the conflict * profiles of the most important partaking international locations * clarification of war-specific phrases, similar to unconditional hand over and civil safeguard * entries on lesser identified topics--including Navajo code breakers and Afrika corps * additional examining lists following each one access * a listing of museums and ancient websites, together with online details * an entire chronology of significant dates * Cross-references following every one access whereas focusing totally on the yank warfare attempt, the writer has integrated vast fabric concerning the different significant individuals within the conflictnotably the Soviet Union, Germany, Japan, nice Britain, France, Italy, and China. O'Neill doesn't hesitate to take on debatable issues--from the atomic bomb to the inability of an American heavy tank. Over 220 photos and maps, and a close index make international conflict II: A pupil spouse a great introductory source for college students and readers attracted to glossy historical past.
By Kingsley Oghjojafor
This publication comprises specific and easy-to-digest info on all points of writing, getting ready and advertising and marketing digital books (ebooks). It covers such points as: how one can increase rules to put in writing approximately; tips on how to commence the compilation of the booklet; how you can decide upon the right kind book compiling software program; the best way to submit the book; how one can advertise and industry the e-book on-line and offline; the right way to create an internet site and car responders for promoting the booklet; how one can acquire money from the web site for promoting the e-book· the right way to arrange associate programmes for promoting the ebook.
- Very sensible in order that even somebody who hasn't ever used a working laptop or computer earlier than can enjoy the book
- Contains hyperlinks to lots of loose instruments that would support somebody collect and promote his/her e-book online
- Includes constructing an internet site to advertise the publication and accepting charge cards at the website
By Mark A. Runco
The 1st version of the winning Encyclopedia of Creativity served to set up the research of creativity is a box in itself. Now thoroughly up-to-date and revised in its moment edition, coverage encompasses the definition of creativity, the advance and expression of creativity around the lifespan, the environmental stipulations that motivate or discourage creativity, creativity inside particular disciplines like track, dance, movie, artwork, literature, etc., the connection of creativity and psychological future health, intelligence, and learning types, and the method of being inventive. This reference additionally appeals to a lay viewers with articles specifically at the software of creativity to enterprise settings. to be had on-line through ScienceDirect and in restricted print release.
- Named a 2012 remarkable educational identify via the yank Library Association's selection publication
- Serves as a compendium of reports of a couple of domain-specific components, reminiscent of performing, dance, expressive arts, movie, nutrients, track, faith, technology, activities, theater, and writing.
- Creativity and schooling are tested in articles approximately suggestion procedures, comparable to developmental traits in artistic talents and potentials, the enhancement of creativity, intelligence, wisdom, play, prodigies, courses and classes, expertise and educating creativity.
- Cognitive elements of creativity may be investigated in articles approximately altered and transitional states, analogies, recognition, cognitive type, divergent pondering, movement and optimum event, metacognition, metaphors, problem-finding, problem-solving, and distant associates.
- Covers enterprise and organizational creativity in articles approximately ads with artwork, artistic visuals, business/management, creativity training, creativity routines, entrepreneurship, crew dynamics, innovation, management, organizational tradition, organizational improvement, groups, and coaching, between others.
- Explicitly examines the complicated interrelationship among society and creativity in articles approximately awards, conformity and conventionality, the inventive quarter and sophistication of society, cultural variety, the darkish aspect of creativity, East vs. West, networking, social psychology, conflict, zeitgeist, and others.
- Personal and interpersonal creativity is mentioned in articles on the subject of collaboration, relations, existence phases, mentors, networking, own creativity and self-actualization.
- Focuses on clinical information regarding creativity, there also are articles that debate mind and neuropsychology, techniques of creativity, definitions of creativity, services, longitudinal reports, getting to know artwork, artists and paintings audiences, learn tools, phenomenology study and qualitative research.
- Online model comprises an extra 26 biographies of famously artistic humans
By Michael Miller
Sams educate your self Wikipedia in 10 mins delivers uncomplicated, sensible solutions for those who desire speedy effects. by means of operating throughout the 10-minute classes, you’ll study every thing you want to be aware of to exploit the Wikipedia encyclopedia–and all of Wikipedia’s brilliant assets. information indicate shortcuts and options Cautions assist you keep away from universal pitfalls Notes supply additional info undeniable English explains new phrases and definitions 10 mins is all you must how to… Navigate the Wikipedia web site and realize its newest features Use Wikipedia for speedy, effective study ascertain Wikipedia info and payment references Edit, right, increase, and speak about latest Wikipedia articles Write new Wikipedia articles, and upload photographs and media to them locate notice definitions in Wiktionary and quotations in Wikiquote obtain Wikimedia Commons images you could freely reuse learn and edit loose textbooks with Wikibooks hyperlink to Wikipedia content material by yourself site perform the Wikipedia group